Being clear is easy. We are born clear. Becoming brave enough to be clear in our promotion takes unlearning fear.
Promotion with Integrity is courageously clear-sighted. Consider these questions:
- How many times have you stood in your truth as you promoted your work?
- How many times have you stood up for your truth in promoting your work?
- How many times have you caved?
Never, I hope. But if you have caved in to promoting your work using something other than your whole truth, you are not alone. I have too, but when I call upon all my powers, I have the courage of my clairvoyance. I can unlearn untruth.
Clear-sighted is what “clairvoyant” means. Clairvoyance you may think of as the power of a only a few, but that’s simply not true. Clairvoyant people have the courage of their clear-sightedness. As Maggie Kuhn, founder of the Gray Panthers said,
Speak your mind–even if your voice shakes.
- Notice that we can see much more than we often allow ourselves to see, including about our work: we can see
- what work we really do–and what we don’t (even if we wish we did)
- what feels right in promoting our true work (and what nauseates us)
- the intersection “where your deep gladness and the world’s deep hunger meet,” as Frederick Buechner put it.
- Write what you see about yourself, your work, and the world. You don’t have to show it to anyone. Sometimes it comes with a lot of emotion. Write it all out. Edit the crap out of it but not the good stuff. Allow yourself to notice what the good stuff is.
- Allow yourself to share what you see. Build up to the courage of your clairvoyance.
Please rest your physical eyes. Close them or let them drop their gaze. Tune into your “third eye,” the one in between your eyes, in the little space between your eyebrows. You can touch it, massage it, press on it to get clear where I mean.
Allow all your stress to stream out your third eye. As you feel that stream slow to a stop, allow white light in to your third eye, clearing and cleansing your sight. Let the stream of white light go out of your body where it goes. (You can notice where it seems to want to go, it’s interesting. You can ask me what I think it means in a comment to this post or an email.)
Now send white light back out your third eye. Beam it like a lighthouse. See in front of you the landscape of your work. Just survey it with your strong white light, back and forth slowly, detached from what you observe with your clear sight and x-ray vision.
You don’t at this moment have to do anything else. After you complete the meditation, if you are moved to action by what you saw, great. If you are moved to write about what you saw, do. If you want to show yourself a specific problem (related to promoting your work perhaps), do the meditation and allow the lighthouse-type light to shower on the landscape of what you thought was your problem. See what you see and you will see the problem in a new light.
Join us for a free chat by telephone on this topic, including a guided meditation:
When: Monday, August 1, 10am-11am
Where: Entirely on the phone: 641-715-3276. When prompted, enter this code: 187944#
The call will be recorded and the soundfile posted at the top of this post just like we have all the others in our series. No RSVP needed.